Donate to the essential work of the the CRRC of Canyon Lake
Donate Your Car or Boat to the CRRC
Thrift Store Donation Guidelines
Donation Hours 10-2 each Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday
The CRRC is grateful to members of the community that utilize the Thrift Store Donation Station to drop off items that are no longer needed or wanted. Although item donations are not cash, they are quickly processed and placed up for sale generating additional revenue that directly supports the CRRC mission as well as the community at large. Your continued support is paramount to the success of the Thrift Store and the CRRC.
Effective June 5, 2023, the below list outlines items that are graciously accepted. Additionally, due to space constraints, desirability and certain items that the Thrift Store just can’t sell, we have made additions and clarifications to our do not accept list. Also, there are select items that must have management approval prior to drop off. If you have questions or doubt about what the CRRC Thrift Store accepts, please call 830-964-2324 (Option 2) or email email@example.com. If it’s an item we can’t accept we might be able to provide you with another organization that can/will accept it.
Acceptable items for donation
- The below items are graciously accepted during any designated donation day — Tuesday, Thursday or Saturday from 10:00AM-2:00PM.
- Clothing (must be clean and free of stains/odor/hangars)
- Shoes/accessories (purses, belts, etc.)
- Books, Records, CD’s, DVDs, video games (any system)
- Games & Toys (must be complete)
- Housewares — dishes, utensils, small kitchen appliances, pots/pans/bakeware (must be clean and usuable — no teflon scratches/rust)
- Knick-Knacks, Antiques, Collectible items
- Household hardware & tools
- Sporting Good items (no large exercise equipment)
- Bicycles in good repair
- Durable Medical Equipment (e.g. wheel chairs, walkers, knee boards, crutches, etc.) in good working order
- Luggage (in good repair)
- Eyeglasses (will re-donate to local Lion’s Club)/sunglasses/reading glasses
- Lamps, Lamp Shades, Floor lamps (as long as they have a plug and work)
- Seasonal items (Christmas, Easter, 4th of July, Halloween, etc. — no trees or lights)
- Pet supplies (dog crates, carriers, leashes, fish tanks, etc. as long as they are clean)
- Framed art, wall decor, frames
- Area Rugs in good or better condition (no carpet remnants
- Art & Craft Supplies
- Linens (sheets, curtains, bed spreads, afghans, towels, etc.) — must be clean and free of stains
- Acceptable Home Electronic equipment (as long as they are clean and work) — Alarm clocks, fans, heaters, boom boxes (working with power cord), Record Players, 40″ or larger flat screen TVs (working with power cord/remote); DVD/Blue Ray Players (working with power cord/remote).
- Automobiles https://careasy.org/nonprofit/community-resource-and-recreation-center-of-canyon-lake
Items requiring Manager approval
Due to space constraints and safety concerns, the below items will be refused if brought in for donation without prior management approval. A list of approved items and donors will be updated daily and provided to the Donation Station. Donors can send pictures via email to ThriftStore@crrcofcanyonlake.org. Once reviewed and approved, you will receive a response to the email indicating what will be accept (may be one item or all). Bring the email with you when donating (digitally or paper copy) these items. Donation Station attendents will not accept without this authorization.
- Booster Seats
- High Chairs
- Playpens/Play Yards
- Furniture larger than an end table
- Large Appliances (Refrigerators, stoves, dishwashers, etc)
- Powered equipment — lawn or tools (gas, electric or battery operated)
- Large Quantity Donations (e.g., left overs from garage/estate sales, storage unit cleanouts, etc.)
We Do Not Accept
- Mattresses (cannot resell due to safety/sanitation guidelines), includes foam mattresses
- Bed Pillows (unless new in package)
- Children’s Car Seats
- Hide-a-beds/Sofa Sleepers (with or without mattress)
- All Home Electronic Items (e.g., stereo equipment, speakers, gaming systems, TVs (39″ or smaller), Computers (including monitors and accessories), shredders, etc).
- Carpet Remnants
- Hangars of any type
- Paint or chemicals (CRRC not licensed to handle or dispose of)
- Magazines of any type
- Any equipment that contains hazardous material (all gas/hazardous material must be removed from equipment)
- Water soaked/stained/rusty items of any type
- VHS/Cassette/8-track tapes
- Cameras or Camcorders
- Building materials of any type
- Kitchen/Bathroom cabinetry
- Doors/Windows/screen doors, etc.
- Plumbing fixtures (e.g., Toilets, sinks, etc.)
- Blinds/mini blinds, etc.
- Home exercise equipment (treadmills, ellipticals, stationary bikes, etc.)
- Christmas Trees (will not accept during the months of December thru September)
- Christmas Lights/Outdoor decor (unless new in box or approved by Thrift Store Management)
- Holiday Greenery (indoor/outdoor garland, wreaths, etc.)
How can we help YOU?
Contact the CRRC of Canyon Lake