The CRRC provides a wide array of essential social services as well as healthy recreational activities
Donation Hours 10-2 each Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday
Thrift Store Donation Guidelines
Items we DO NOT accept:
Unfortunately, we cannot accept certain items including, but not limited to:
- General Items which are dirty, or otherwise in an un-sellable condition.
- Mattresses: it is illegal to resell mattresses because of health & safety issues and very expensive to have them hauled off and disposed of.
- Child safety seats, high chairs, strollers, playpens/play yards, cribs or booster seats (these items are frequently recalled and can be a child safety hazard.)
- Any printer (working or otherwise)
- Furniture which is ripped, stained or over-used. Or has a bad odor.
- Textiles (bed comforters, bed sheets, pillow cases or towels) which have not been washed or are otherwise unsanitary and unsafe to handle
- Electronic Items which are broken (with some exceptions below)
- Carpet remnants
- Wire hangers
- Bed Pillows
- Broken Appliances
- Paint or Chemicals of any kind. (CRRC is not licensed to handle or dispose of these items in a landfill)
- Encyclopedias (new or used we can’t sell them )
- Kerosene and Gas Heaters. (CRRC is not licensed to handle or sell items of this kind and disposal is very expensive and highly restricted.)
- Water Soaked or Stained Items
- Old box TVs
- VHS Tapes
Items we DO gratefully accept:
- Gently used in good, clean sellable, working condition:
- Clothing – men’s, women’s, children’s and infant’s
- Footwear – men’s & women’s shoes, boots
- Outerwear – hats, gloves, mittens and scarves
- Books, records (no scratches), compact discs (no scratches) and DVDs
- Games & Toys – (all pieces and parts must be included)
- Housewares – dishes, kitchen utensils, small kitchen electric appliances, pots & pans, cookware and bakeware
- Knick Knacks (giftware)
- Antiques & Collectibles
- Hardware and Tools (in working condition)
- Domestics – curtains, linens, bedspreads & comforters, blankets, towels, ect.
- Sporting Goods
- Eyeglasses (donated to the local lions club)
- Old & New Computers (working or non-working)
- Flat Screen Televisions (working)
- DVD Players
- Video Games and Game Consoles
- Cameras Old & New
- Framed Art – paintings, prints and wall hangings
- Furniture – dressers, tables, bed frames and sofas, ect which are gently used and free from stains, rips or odors.
- Area Rugs (in good condition free of stains odors)
- Seasonal Items (Christmas, Easter, Thanksgiving,ect) Christmas lights new in the box please.
- Craft & Art Supplies
- Fabric – large pieces and bolts
- Automobiles – (in good working condition with free & clear title please)
How can we help YOU?
Contact the CRRC of Canyon Lake