The Macy’s of Thrift Stores
They’ve called it “The Macy’s of Thrift Stores,” and for good reason. You’ll find quality merchandise at better than Bargain Basement prices!
We say, “Don’t come looking for something. Just come expecting to find something.”
Donation Guidelines for Thrift Store Donations
Thank you for your donation! Donations to CRRC help support the Food Pantry, the Recreation Center, Senior Center and various other activities and educational programs for adults and children in the Canyon Lake area.
If you’d like to help us out, PLEASE READ THE FOLLOWING GUIDELINES so that you can help us in our mission to support the food pantry and other programs at CRRC:
Donation Area: Please drop off all donations at the wooden tables outside in front of the barn and a barn staff member will be happy to assist you. Please do not bring donations into the store.
Donations Hours: Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday 10am-2pm
Please . . . No After Hours Donations!
CRRC has very limited storage space and therefore must manage its donations carefully. Donations must be made during hours of operations only. Leaving donations before or after hours does not assist us, or our mission, and in addition it is illegal, violating a county ordinance.
Condition of items: All donated items should be in good, clean, sellable condition. Examples: Furniture should have no stains, rips, or broken parts. Dishes should be washed; clothing should be washed, folded and bagged (if possible) in plastic bags; and all other items should be otherwise clean and hygienic so that our staff & volunteers handling the items can work in a clean and safe environment. Due to the escalating cost of disposal, liability issues and new laws governing the resale of certain items we reserve the right to refuse a donation if the items are not in good or sellable clean condition.
Pickups/Delivery: Unfortunately, we are unable to assist with daily pickup of items for donation. Pickups can sometimes be arranged with a week or two notice.
We can only offer this on an as available basis.
Clothing: All clothing donated should be washed, folded, and bagged. Please do not bring clothing on hangers for this doubles our volunteers work load.
Items we DO NOT accept:
Unfortunately, we cannot accept at this time certain items including, but not limited to:
- General Items which are dirty, or otherwise in an un-sellable condition.
- Mattresses: it is illegal to resell mattresses because of health & safety issues and very expensive to have them hauled off and disposed of.
- Child safety seats, high chairs, strollers, playpens/play yards, cribs or booster seats (these items are frequently recalled and can be a child safety hazard.)
- Any printer (working or otherwise)
- Furniture which is ripped, stained or over-used. Or has a bad odor.
- Textiles (bed comforters, bed sheets, pillow cases or towels) which have not been washed or are otherwise unsanitary and unsafe to handle
- Electronic Items which are broken (with some exceptions below)
- Carpet remnants
- Wire hangers
- Bed Pillows
- Broken Appliances
- Paint or Chemicals of any kind. (CRRC is not licensed to handle or dispose of these items in a landfill)
- Encyclopedias (new or used we can’t sell them )
- Kerosene and Gas Heaters. (CRRC is not licensed to handle or sell items of this kind and disposal is very expensive and highly restricted.)
- Water Soaked or Stained Items
- Old box TVs
- VHS Tapes
Items we DO gratefully accept:
- Gently used in good, clean sellable, working condition:
- Clothing – men’s, women’s, children’s and infant’s
- Footwear – men’s & women’s shoes, boots
- Outerwear – hats, gloves, mittens and scarves
- Books, records (no scratches), compact discs (no scratches) and DVDs
- Games & Toys – (all pieces and parts must be included)
- Housewares – dishes, kitchen utensils, small kitchen electric appliances, pots & pans, cookware and bakeware
- Knick Knacks (giftware)
- Antiques & Collectibles
- Hardware and Tools (in working condition)
- Domestics – curtains, linens, bedspreads & comforters, blankets, towels, ect.
- Sporting Goods
- Eyeglasses (donated to the local lions club)
- Old & New Computers (working or non-working)
- Flat Screen Televisions (working)
- DVD Players
- Video Games and Game Consoles
- Cameras Old & New
- Framed Art – paintings, prints and wall hangings
- Furniture – dressers, tables, bed frames and sofas, ect which are gently used and free from stains, rips or odors.
- Area Rugs (in good condition free of stains odors)
- Seasonal Items (Christmas, Easter, Thanksgiving,ect) Christmas lights new in the box please.
- Craft & Art Supplies
- Fabric – large pieces and bolts
- Automobiles – (in good working condition with free & clear title please)